How Can I Build Business Momentum?
The life of an entrepreneur is fraught with toils and snares, including that most wretched trap, the loss of business momentum. Whether you've stopped adding new clients to your network, or people just aren't eating burgers at your foodie-truck, every business experiences occasional slowdowns. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get through the trough and catch the next wave:
- Don't panic. You don't necessarily need to overhaul everything you've built just because momentum has slowed. Instead, use your time for some good, old-fashioned Kaizen. Examine your process, your website, your hardware and your staff and ask, "What can we improve?" Maybe it's extra training for a salesperson. Maybe it's an update to your blog. Take the time for some continuous gradual improvement.
- Come up with an offer. Perhaps a discounted service would help bring new customers to your business.
- Update your socials. It never hurts to build engagement by offering some useful advice over Facebook, and it gets your name and your brand "out there."
- Ask for help. This one's obvious, but often we let our egos get in the way of asking for a hand. Whether it's asking a satisfied customer for a review, or joining a Facebook group designed to help entrepreneurs like yourself, remember, we're all in this together.
- Stay positive. Keep smiling. Life's too short to spend it being overly anxious. Improve the things you can, and accept the things you can't.
Good luck out there! We're rooting for you!